We’re all inundated with ideas of what to ask for during the holidays. Sorting through the commercials and clutter can make putting together your Christmas wish list a daunting task.
If you’re a dog owner looking to share gift ideas, we’ve simplified your search with these ideas to make your life as a dog owner a happier one.
For your peace of mind
One of the best things you can receive is peace of mind, and thanks to modern technology, a couple of gift options can give this to you.
- Dog monitoring cameras. Of course you worry when you can’t be with your dog. If you’re running errands, at work, or on vacation you want to ensure your dog is happy and safe. What better way than to actually check in yourself? Here are a couple options recommended by the professionals at SafeWise.
- Petzi Treat Cam. This system runs off wifi and will not only allow you to see your dog, but you can chat and send a snack when you want him to know you are thinking of him! The app works with Android or iPhones, and the camera has a wide-angle lens and night vision.
- Arlo Smart Home Security Camera Kit. Looking for an outdoor option? This system is waterproof, durable and wireless, allowing you to keep an eye on your dog indoors or out and doubling for home security. Owners can customize activity alerts to receive notification on smartphones, tablets or computers.
GPS trackers. Nothing could be more frightening to a dog owner than your furry family member becoming lost. GPS trackers now allow you to quickly reconnect if your dog slips out or jumps the fence. The experts at Pup Life Today reviewed trackers and here are a couple of their recommendations:
- Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker and Activity Monitor. This tracker is 100% waterproof and allows you to send an alert when your dog goes out of safe areas.
- Link AKC Smart Dog Collar with GPS Tracker. This tracker has real-time GPS tracking, has recording options and has a remote LED light.
For your dog’s comfort
Of course you want your furry family member to be comfy and cozy. A gift that makes your dog happy is sure to be a winner.
Dog beds. Looking for a nice spot for your pooch to snooze? Here are a couple recommendations from the pros at Canine Journal:
- Big Shrimpy Nest Bed. Designed for your dog to cuddle into, these beds come in a variety of colors and sizes. Easy to wash covers zip off to reveal an inner liner which also can be removed for cleaning. The filling is machine washable and dryable, and outer covers can be purchased separately so you can rotate them if they are soiled or just need to be replaced.
- Pet Fusion Ultimate Pet Bed and Lounge. Noted as a great choice for anxious dogs, the sides are a secure and supportive arm around your dog. This bed offers a water- and tear-resistant cover, non-skid bottom, and comes in several colors and sizes.
Thundershirt. If your dog suffers from anxiety, you might want to add a Thundershirt to his wardrobe. Experts explain this jacket wraps your pooch in a steady, gentle hug, promoting calm and confidence.
Thunderspray. Use this spray in conjunction with the Thundershirt or on its own. The scent mimics that of a dog’s mother, providing a naturally soothing remedy. Lavender and chamomile are added for an aromatherapy boost.
Whether for your peace of mind or your dog’s comfort, these great gift options are sure to bring happiness to you and your pooch this Christmas season!